Health & Safety At Work Act 1974
This is the Health & Safety Policy Statement of Relmes Forklift Driver Training.
Our Safety Policy Statement is:
- To provide adequate control of Health & Safety risks arising from our work activities.
- To consult with employees / trainees on matters affecting their Health & Safety.
- To provide and maintain safe plant and equipment.
- To ensure safe handling of substances.
- To provide information, instruction and supervision for all employees & trainees.
- To ensure all employees / trainees are confident to do their tasks and to give them adequate training.
- To maintain safe and healthy working conditions. To review and revise as necessary at regular intervals
- To prevent accidents and causes of work – related ill health.
All of our courses follow the Approved Code of Practice (ACOP) as laid down by the Health & Safety Commission, and are approved by the H.S.E. These set the legal minimum standard of basic training people should receive before they are allowed to operate certain types of lift truck. Setting a standard for employers and training providers alike, therefore complying with the law and legislation. Employers and training organisations who fall short of these regulations are liable to prosecution.